18. Aug 2017 09:10, auautelblog
Electric trolling motors are being found more and more often onboard many fishing boats. Boaters are discovering the many benefits electric motors have to offer. Most notable the fact they operate in silence and that they are environmentally friendly. In addition, their popularity is not hurt by the rise in gas prices. These motors do require care that is different from the average gasoline powered motors.
Electric motors operate differently than gas motors, so it is no surprise that they need different care. Electric motors use batteries to supply them with power autel. This means they have a whole different way of powering up. Any fisherman that has or is buying an electric trolling motor needs to check out the follow list of tips.
- Charging replaces filling with fuel. It may be extremely simple to pour in a little gas to get the motor running, but with electric motors it does not work that way. Electric motors must be charged. They require a battery charger. This can be an onboard piece or a piece that is kept on shore. That is up to the individual fisherman. The batteries are made to be run down and charged often so there is no concern over ruining them autel maxidas ds808. However, the manufactures directions should be followed to ensure the motor batteries are not ruined.
- Always check the motor out before use. Stray fishing lines can easily tangle in the motor and cause major damage. It only takes a brief moment for the damage to be done, but it also only takes a brief moment to look over the engine to prevent that from happening.
- Do routine maintenance. Like any type of motor an electric motor requires checks and routine maintenance. Parts should be checked to make sure they are secure and in good shape. Fisherman should not assume that electric means no worries. Maintenance is still important.
- The motor should always be monitored when charging. This prevents it from getting turned on accidentally. A motor that is left running can easily overheat and burn out.
- Be friendly to the motor. Electric motors have parts that are kept cool by being under water, so it is important that the fisherman does not run the motor out of the water. It is also important to keep general care in mind by not using the motor is weeds or mud.
These tips offer ways to prolong the life of and protect the electric trolling motor. Fisherman who are using an electric motor will benefit greatly from following these tips and any instructions offered by the manufacturer.